Apply for a PAID internship with:
Emily Sacco Photography
all applicants must apply by 1/20/16
I love the consistency of working with the same person for all of my weddings. Having a second shooter at each wedding is important to me, and I don’t like having to retrain and relearn with a different person each wedding. I am so excited about the opportunity to share with someone else everything I have learned! Think of this internship as a year long mentoring session. I love being able to help others learn, grow and expand their portfolios.
Here's what I am looking for:
1. First and foremost, I am looking for potential, not perfection. If you are nervous or unsure, that is ok! Apply anyway! This is a learning and growing experience, you don’t need to know everything yet!
2. Interested in learning more about photography and running a successful business.
3. Must be someone with a flexible schedule that is willing to work 30-40 weekends between the months of May - October in 2016. There will be some overnight and weekend stays.
4. Experience with photography. (You don’t have to have 25 weddings under your belt, but I also want more than just instagram photos).
5. Owns a full-frame Canon DSLR and knows how to shoot in manual mode. Sorry I don't do Nikon! I've had Nikon second shooters in the past and the pictures turn out so different! Plus we can't share gear.
7. Willingness to drink lots of coffee and listen to music on road trips to shoot weddings.
8. Responsible for your own transportation to my home or meeting place so we can drive together.
9. Good with verbal and written communication.
10. Fun and positive attitude! Willing to go above and beyond and help me and my clients in anyway!
That sounds awesome! Can you tell me more about what I am going to learn and do?
This internship is definitely designed for someone who wants to learn about wedding photography! This will give you a great understanding and allow you to see a lot about owning a wedding photography business. I will be an open book to you. You are able to ask me any questions that you want. I will share with you everything that I have learned and give you a ton of hands on opportunities. We will also have “teaching times” during the week where I can share with you all of the behind the scenes of a small business, answer any questions that you have and critique your wedding images. You will be allowed to blog images on your website as long as you state I was the main photographer at the wedding.
This sounds awesome, but I don’t live in Boulder. Can I still apply?
Yes! If you live more than a few hours away, that might not work but it all depends on your willingness to travel. We could talk about meeting up for weddings instead of carpooling together. I am definitely open to talking about possibilities!
I am a college student and would like to get college credit, can you make this happen?
Maybe! I'm more than willing to speak to anyone at your college to give the information regarding this internship.
Is this a paid position?
Yes! I will pay you physical money per wedding ($300), but you are also receiving wisdom, advice and experience!
TO APPLY: Fill out the below form and I will be in touch!